Pages

PayPal

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Living and working conditions

All of us worked every single day. We had food provided us ones per day. This food included beans and rice with mystery eat and something that supposed to resemble a vegetable. Personally, I wasn’t interested in eating the high carb foods, so I ended up eating the power bars I got with me. I could not sleep during the day because of the noise and the heat in the tent. I also worked anywhere between 10-16 hrs per 24 hrs period while sleeping anywhere between 0-4 hrs per 24 hrs. Very little food. I was able to take shower every day though, this was the highlight of the day 
Half way through the week, my physical needs shut down. I’ve never experienced anything like this before. I wasn’t interested in food or sleep. I was deprived of both, but didn’t care to get it. It was all about work and things that needed to get done. Also, the sense of fear was gone, the fear for safety or tiredness. It was very refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment